XH558 - was Re: using new technology etc

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 12:47:32 CST 1970

I once got held, waiting for a runway, probably London Heathrow but somehow Manchester sticks in my head. Any way there was a Concorde queued infront of use waiting for a Concorde to land.
So I go to watch a landing and a takeoff...

> What the heck has happened to us that we can build these planes 50 years
> ago that are unsurpassed even today?  Sad.

Well firstly governments had money. Concorde must have cost the British and French tax payers millions...
As for progress, the A380 might not be so fast, but I bet in total bandwidth the through put is higher....

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/airbus-still-weighing-an-expensive-revamp-to-its-flagship-a380/

Dave
G4UGM