XH558 - was Re: using new technology etc

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Thu Jan 1 15:21:14 CST 1970

There were so many neat war plane designs of the 50s and 60s that never
made it to volume production ... the BAC TSR-2, the Avro Canada Arrow ...
we have our share here in the USA as well i.e. the NAA XB-70 Valkyrie and
XF-108 Rapier... It's funny; it's the ones that were never produced in
volume that seem to capture the imagination the most. :O

Best,

Sean