D.G. Nova update -- crapacitors strike again

Philip Pemberton philpem at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Apr 1 03:37:30 CST 2005

In message <20050401002020.H740 at localhost>
          Tom Jennings <tomj at wps.com> wrote:

> Man, there's hundreds of those little blue bastards in this
> machine. I hope future shorts are so benign. Gulp.

Probably worth keeping Murphy's Laws in mind - "if something can go wrong, it
will" and "if a component fails, it will take the most expensive or hardest
to replace part with it".

There's also Philpem's Law (<very big grin>): If you slip with a test probe,
that probe will either short out the most expensive chip on the board, or put
a gouge into a multilayer PCB.

Anyway, I'd replace them if they had a high failure rate, if only to reduce
the likelihood of them taking something with them when they do pack up.

Later.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
philpem at philpem.me.uk              | ViewFinder, 10BaseT Ethernet, 2-slice,