OT: Sheet metal and UNF screws (was Re: PET and the IEEE-488 interface)

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Fri Apr 1 13:47:28 CST 2005

Phil:
Do you have a plan / schematic / organizing principle? I'd live to be able
to build something like this myself, but the $425 price tag for the basic
power supply is out of reach for me. If I could build that, I could buy the
tips from these guys.

At 07:33 PM 4/1/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>In message <3.0.6.32.20050331202354.00ab3460 at pop-server.cfl.rr.com>
>Before anyone asks, I'm trying to hack together something similar to the
>"hobby spot welder" on <http://www.hobbyspotwelders.com/>. I've got the
>computer-grade capacitors (five rather large Cornell Dubilier DCMX series
>120,000uF 25V caps, for a total of 600,000uF with a tolerance of -10%/+75%)

[Historians] To give an accurate description of what has never
occurred is not merely the proper occupation of the historian, but
the inalienable privilege of any man of parts and culture. --Oscar Wilde
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531