UCSD CP/M Adaptable system

Scott Stevens chenmel at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 1 16:35:59 CST 2005

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:33:26 -0600
John Foust <jfoust at threedee.com> wrote:

> At 08:50 PM 3/31/2005, Randy McLaughlin wrote:
> >I've posted a copy of the UCSD CP/M adaptable system on my site.  It
> >has a problem with part of it: Randy
> >www.s100-manuals.com
>
> Would you consider not using self-expanding PC executables to store
> archives?  You're not even using the licensed WinZip to do it.
> Straight Zip files can be opened anywhere.
>
> The Terak disk images are a fine example of why I'd personally
> hesitate to upload disk images.  Bill Riordan's personal letters
> are among the text files perserved on the archives.
>
> - John

My experience has always been that self-expanding PC executables, if
based on ZIP compression, are easily renamed with a .zip extension and
opened with an unzip utility on any platform.  This has even been true
in a few instances where there was a 'click through license' that
otherwise would have had to have [OK] clicked on it to proceed.