TCPSER4J Modem Emulator development

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Sat Apr 2 01:48:30 CST 2005

Jim wrote:
> I couldn;t find a way to just redistribute the DLL itself.   I seem to
> recall there was some restriction about just packaging up the DLL.
>
> My code is under GPL, though, so it wasn;t that.

The DLL is under GPL plus one extra exception that it doen't require you
to GPL your own app that links to it, as long as your app is licensed
under an accepted open source license.

Anyhow, I don't think you'd have any problem with including the DLL.

But I've run into some of the same problems you have with poor serial
support in cygwin1.dll.

Eric