HP9133 user guide...?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 17:33:29 CST 2005

> Anyone has a pointer to a userguide for the above HPIB drive ?

What's the suffix letter? There are many units that claim to be '9133'
and which are totally different internally....

I've worked on the 9133H, which IIRC has an ST225 inside.

> Bitsavers came out empty.
>
> I got a non-functional unit and now need the know how to change the
> internal HD ( a 15 MB ST419  unit ) and format it.
> I hope the 9133 is intelligent enough to format the disk itself

That information is not in the user guide, nor in any other manual that
I've ever seen (I don't think it's even in the service manual, you were
expected to buy a pre-formatted drive from HP :-().

I have no idea if the standard firmware can do an LLF. I am pretty sure
the hardware, at least in the 9133H, can, but you might need a special
EPROM or soemthing to do it. One day I must seriously get among the
firmware of the 9133H -- I have a fair understnading of the hardware now
(it's actually pretty simple), but there are many jumpers that just set
levels on input ports to the 6809 processor that I don't fully understand.