And $500 gets you...

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Apr 6 01:12:49 CDT 2005

A set of manuals?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5181524752

No, guess again.  There's a reserve on those.

Another example of where the Christie's auction helped to make people
think that things are worth *way* more than they really are.

Sigh.  I usually wouldn't post something like this to the list, but I
just can't believe that someone would try to sell *manuals* that look
like they're not even in great shape for that sort of price..

And my favorite quote from his auction:
"most of these system were destroyed due to the nature/technology of the
system and fear of them getting into the wrong hands"

DONT LET THE TERRISTS GET THER HANDS ON TEH BIG COMPOOTERS!!!

I'd love to see these people do a little bit of research on stuff
they're listing on ebay, instead of just pulling info out of their ass,
or what they heard on some cable news network.  At the very least, they
could say "I don't know anything about this" instead of making stuff
up....

Ok, I'm done ranting for tonight. :)

Pat
--