And $500 gets you...

Marvin Johnston marvin at rain.org
Wed Apr 6 12:45:22 CDT 2005

I maintain that Ebay does reflect the state of the market subject to a
couple of limitations.

1) Ebay is a *retail* venue although bargains can be had.
2) Looking at *only* the final bid price to determine value is stupid!
   My general rule of thumb is to go back to the third highest bidder as
   that eliminates the "game players" who bid with the "Oh yea, take
this"
   mentality.

For myself, unless something is offered at substantially less that what
think it is worth, I don't bid. Not regularly checking ebay now helps
with
this approach :).