PC Floppy Cable, was Re: MFM/RLL data recovery

Marvin Johnston marvin at rain.org
Wed Apr 6 23:05:14 CDT 2005

Are you sure that Drive A on a PC won't work on a straight cable?
Something in the back of my mind says that I used to change the drive
select jumper *AND* make sure a terminator was installed for the floppy
to work fine on a straight cable as Drive A. I do know that not having a
terminator installed (on the last drive of the string) can make for some
really strange and intermittent behavior on both HDs and Floppy Drives.