[OT]Tasted freecycling group. Wanted:offered ratio too high

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Thu Apr 7 07:11:28 CDT 2005

At 12:13 AM 4/7/2005, C Fernandez wrote:
>I joined several local lists.  Much of what is offered seems to be kids clothing and toys.  I did get rid of a leaking, but fixable, fish tank the day after I joined.  I must have had about 15 people wanting it. I'm thinking of offering the broken chunks of cement that I have in my backyard..... I probably won't get to many takers for that one :-)

I forwarded Chad a post from my local FC group this morning where
someone had offered a pile of rocks (from a barn foundation) and
were overwhelmed with takers.  This is in a rural county where
piles of rocks are not uncommon to spot every 1000 feet at the
edges of fields along country roads.

"Wanted" posts seem to be discouraged on my local list.  Of course,
even on a list of 80% "wanted" posts, I think it would be productive
to offer to be willing to take entire piles of old computer junk.

- John