Navtel 9460 Protocol Analyzer info?

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Mon Apr 11 22:42:52 CDT 2005

>Subject: Re: Navtel 9460 Protocol Analyzer info?
>   From: "Jay West" <jwest at classiccmp.org>

>Someday I'll pick up a "datascope" (aka serial protocol analyzer) cheap. I
>did a lot of serial communications programming in a prior life, and
>absolutely lived with a datascope. Not sure of the brand, but I remember is
>was blue. No keyboard in the real sense, but a data entry pad on the front.
>It was the most incredibly useful thing... you could program it to watch for
>a particular sequence of ascii characters, then start capturing data. One
>button would flip the display between ascii/ebcdic, hex, binary.. and it had
>a dual display mode where it showed transmit on top of the line and receive
>on the bottom of the line. It was a godsend. It had a breakout box built
>into it, could buffer to floppy, etc. It could also do sync & async.

I happen to have a Atlantic Research Inc, serial datascope.  It contains
several boards [std bus z80, rom/ram card, CRT5027 based crt controller Card]
however no manual.  Someday I'll track down at least a schematic and fix
the CRT. The boards say T-bar on them so the instument may even be from
another company with the ACI label.  It would be fun to get it operational.

Allison