Today's TRS-80 haul

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 22:44:57 CDT 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 11:09 PM, Mike <dogas at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I drove from Jacksonville, Fl to Chicago, IL a few years agi for a
> station-wagon full of 6000, 16, and 16b systems, 8 in all, with one odd
one
> if I recall, and some xenix and other software too. There was one
> beautifully complete 6000 with xenix, internal and external HDs.

Nice. We used to have a Model III and IV in the "computer lab" at my high
school, and either a 12 or 16 in the teachers' lounge (it _did_ have a 5MB
HD, but I never got to play on it), but I was in college when they pitched
all that stuff out. I don't know if it went in the dumpster, or if a student
got it, but I _hope_ someone took it home.

I do know they replaced the closet with the III and IV with a
classroom-sized space *full* of Rainbows. :-P Those probably got pitched,
too. No idea what they have now, but I'm sure it's a stack of beige boxes
running something uninspired.

-ethan