plastic "push rivets"??

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Wed Apr 13 15:45:49 CDT 2005

I'm not sure what these things are called... but I need some. I'm calling
them plastic "push rivets", where a plastic plunger pushes through a collar
with 3 or 4 plastic legs. These legs break off.

All the ones I've seen so far are a pretty common size. However, the ones I
need two of at the moment are slightly smaller than that. Specifically,
these are the two plastic push rivets from an HP 264X terminal that hold the
metal cover over the CRT.

Anyone ever find a source for these? Both my local electronics places came
up empty.

Regards,

Jay West