ebay score

Bill Sudbrink wh.sudbrink at verizon.net
Wed Apr 13 15:46:39 CDT 2005

Vintage Computer Festival wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Bill Sudbrink wrote:
>
> > > Challenger 2P
> >
> > Blue/black?  Integrated keyboard (C2-4P)?  Floppies?
>
> Oh, sorry.  I didn't know all these details mattered :)

Inquiring minds want to know!

> It's blue; integrated keyboard.

That makes it a C2-4P.

> I can't remember if this one has floppies.  I have
> another one which may be a II that did come with at
> least one floppy drive.

A 'II' would be in a box with either an external OSI keyboard
at the end of a ribbon cable or a serial port for a terminal.

> > > Challenger 1
> >
> > You mean a C1P or a first series Challenger?
>
> Um, dang.  Will have to double check later today.

Tan/brown keyboard integrated box with a Superboard inside, C1P.
Blue/black box with "CHALLENGER" silver and black paper label on
the front, Challenger 1.

> > > Challenger C4P
>
> In the original box, with the dual 8" floppy drive subsystem (also in the
> original box).

Dual 8s on a C4P?  I didn't know it came from the factory that way.

> > > Superboard kit (unbuilt)
> >
> > Do you have the original packaging with it (I would guess so)?  If so,
> > I would love to see some pictures of it.
>
> It's a pretty normal looking box.  When I dig it out next (I think I might
> know where it is) I'll snap several photos.

Wondered how the components were packaged, whether they included sockets for
all of the ICs, what the assembly and testing instructions looked like.

Bill