plastic "push rivets"??

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at
Wed Apr 13 16:08:18 CDT 2005

>From: "Jay West" <jwest at>
>I'm not sure what these things are called... but I need some. I'm calling 
>them plastic "push rivets", where a plastic plunger pushes through a collar 
>with 3 or 4 plastic legs. These legs break off.
>All the ones I've seen so far are a pretty common size. However, the ones I 
>need two of at the moment are slightly smaller than that. Specifically, 
>these are the two plastic push rivets from an HP 264X terminal that hold the 
>metal cover over the CRT.
>Anyone ever find a source for these? Both my local electronics places came 
>up empty.
>Jay West 

Hi Jay
 Look at the one in the online McMaster-Carr catalog
on page 3054. I think these are the right ones.

 I think they may have a minimum order but I'm sure
that with a few minutes looking you'll find enough
things to make an order.


More information about the cctalk mailing list