Identify this IBM box?

JP Hindin jplist at kiwigeek.com
Fri Apr 15 14:31:40 CDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Dwight K. Elvey wrote:
> >I'm guessing the unit weighs around 900lbs, is approximately 7' long, 3'
> >deep and 4' high.
> >The machine is on good quality casters, so it'll roll like a dream, but
> >it's extreme weight makes it a royal pain in the butt to move.
> >
> >If you'd like a chuckle, you can view my attempts to move it using a Ford
> >F150, a winch and a pair of lawnmower ramps:
> >	http://www.kiwigeek.com/hjp/comps/IBM_s34/PickUp/
> >

>  Of course, there is always the option of
> renting a forklift. Most any rental place
> has them.

Indeed, unfortunately at the time of pickup it was not possible to borrow
a forklift from any location I could find - I even started calling
businesses and warehouses for private forklifts.
I had also considered a liftgate truck, just to use it's liftgate - but
none of those could be found either.
This was, at the time (given the window of opportunity to retrieve the
machine) the only reasonable (or unreasonable) option that I could come up
with.

JP