7201 (was Re: Z8530 (was Re: Navtel 9460 Protocol Analyzer info?))

Scott Stevens chenmel at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 16 12:08:50 CDT 2005

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:06:31 -0600
woodelf <bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:

> Allison wrote:
>
> >I'll remember that one.  Though compared to serial chips many disk
> >controllers and their associated stuff that wraps around them
> >programtically are pretty horrid too.
> >

> Has anybody made a easy to use serial chip, all seem to be lacking
> some feature?
> The only way I like to program is I/O is  'hardware" setup ... Dip
> switches and hard reset
> lines. :)
>
> >Allison

You might want to check out the 6402.  I have a bunch of them from some
syncronous modems I scrapped a few decades back.  It has the distinction
of being from the same family as the 6100 'PDP-8 on a chip' micro, and
is fairly bare-bones.  It has several simple registers, but much of the
config is done with hardware by enabling pins and what-not.