Dead AIM ^%??
andyda at mac.com
Sat Apr 16 12:51:38 CDT 2005
Well, I tried the next steps, with my limited equipment, and no joy.
Here's what I've tried so far,
1. visually inspect - looks OK, nothing obvious like cracked or
2. check power supply - OK
3. check voltages on board - OK
4. remove extra ROMs
5. check clock with analog VOM - did not appear stuck high or low
6. check low addess lines with analog VOM - did not appear stuck high
7. remove all but low order RAM
8. swap RAM to try to find if bad zero page RAM - could all 8 RAM be
9. feel parts for heat - nothing extraordinary, all appeared cool to
I have an offer of someone (he's got 6 AIMs) I can mail it to, and he
said he would look at it, but if there is something I can do here I
would not have to impose on him.
Any more ideas, or have I reached the end of what I can do here?
BTW: I am not comfortable with de-soldering and soldering, it's just
been too many years. I'm out of practice.
So let me know anything you think I can try (W/O solder) and I'll try.
Thanks again for such a wonderful response.
More information about the cctalk