OT? DLT4000 has come undone!!!

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Apr 18 15:10:41 CDT 2005

> My Quantum DL4000 or DEC TZ88 has come undone...
> IOW, the leader which snares the tape has come loose, and I don't know
> how to wind it back... :-{
>
> The mechanism has 6 heads; I tried to wind it around the 6-headed
> path, but the leader is not long enough, so it must be wound around a
> shorter path...but which one??
>
> It's OK it nobody's understand what I'm talking about :-), as long as
> someone is kind enough to post naked pics of a working TZ87/88 of how
> the leader is being wound.

I'm not sure if the drives are ontopic, but if they're not they're very
close.  I first saw one about 8 1/2 years ago.

It's been a few years since I had to restring a DLT4000, but as I recall it
isn't that much different than a TK50.

In any case I think you can probably find the info you need on the Quantum
website.

http://www.quantum.com/am/service_support/downloads/default.htm

		Zane