OT??? I dont know

Computer Collector Newsletter news at computercollector.com
Wed Apr 20 10:45:27 CDT 2005

Yes, the LK-3000 is vintage and on-topic.  I have three of them.  It's from
1978 and the patents go back to 1976.

The reason it's not off-topic isn't because of its age, but because it's far
more than just a language translator.  With the plug-in modules, it's a
database and a notepad -- in short, one of several predecessors to the
modern PDA.

Now, as for your "any computer over 5 years old is an antique" statement,
well that's just silly.  Perhaps a PC from 2000 is an "antique" in the
sarcastic sense of Win XP having ridiculous resource requirements, but
otherwise, of course not.