Dead Mac IIcx

tim lindner tlindner at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 20 11:34:38 CDT 2005

I decided to pull out my first Mac and try to boot it. It won't boot.
The power button on the mother board and the keyboard both do nothing.

So I decided to test the power suppily. I could not find any pinouts for
a IIcx power suppily. Does anyone have that information?

Also I took a close look at the motherboard. It has 7 silver cans.
Capacitors I think. They are all surounded by a thin layer of sticky
goo. Is this a sure sign my caps have leaked?

<http://home.netcom.com/~tlindner/temp/DeadIIcx.jpg>

I appologize for the blury photo, but it gets my point across.

You'll also notice my batery is pulled. Everything on I've read so far
say a IIcx should boot without the batery.

Thanks for the help!

--
tim lindner
tlindner at ix.netcom.com                                            Bright