"Futuredomain" 8bit SCSI (??)

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Wed Apr 20 13:32:45 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 11:20, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On 4/20/05, Andrew Jones <aijones2 at bsu.edu> wrote:
> > http://www.weirdstuff.com/cgi-bin/item/14178
> >
> > I've never heard of the store selling it, I've never heard of the
> > company manufacturing it, but there you have it.  A new-old-stock
> > eight-bit ISA SCSI card.
>
> I've heard of Futuredomain, but do not have any of their products.

Years ago, as a VAR, I used Futuredomain SCSI controllers.  You will probably
want to check that they are supported by whatever OS you are going to use...

> I have _been_ to Wierd Stuff Warehouse; I even have a poster/calendar
> on my wall.  The last thing I got from them was a complete boxed set
> of Interactive UNIX... several cubic feet of white boxes and binders.
> There are others on this list who have purchased _much_ more stuff
> from there than I have, but then I don't get to the Bay Area all that
> often.

I'm there at least once a week - and know all of the management well.  They
are honest folks and have been in business for 17 years or more.

Cheers,
Lyle
--
Lyle Bickley