OT Don't read this (was Re: Altair MBL source)

William Donzelli aw288 at osfn.org
Wed Apr 20 21:18:33 CDT 2005

> Two things I think killed that idea .
> 1) The tax laws may have changed permiting cheaper radios.
> 2) WWII

It was mostly killed because it was just a dumb idea. By 1940, the
Germans swung the other way, to *very* general purpose tubes, rather than
super complex application specific types.

To keep it on topic - I need most of the tubes, but most importantly, a
manual, for the WW2 German FuG O3 "teletype" modem. A big multi-chassis
FSK box, probably for modulating/demodulating Lorenz transmissions for two
and four wire land lines. Long shot, but I have been fruitless elsewhere.

William Donzelli
aw288 at osfn.org