OT Don't read this (was Re: Altair MBL source)

Paul Koning pkoning at equallogic.com
Thu Apr 21 08:33:09 CDT 2005

 >> If things had worked out differently we might be using
 >> ultraminiature electron tubes. Imagine! An entire flipflop in one
 >> package!

 Tony> I nthe 1920's, Lowe (in Germany) made a radio receiver which
 Tony> consisted of a tuend ciruit, headphones, batteries, and a
 Tony> single glass envelope. That contained 3 triodes and all the R's
 Tony> and C's.

There were several variations of that, actually.  The device you'r
describing is the 3NF, a three-stage audio amplifier.  There's also
the 2HF, a two-stage RF amplifier.  I have one of those... should get
it going one of these days...

See, for example,
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/electricstuff/loewe.html

	paul