Crazy Monitor idea for old Home Computers

computer-history.org nick at computer-history.org
Fri Apr 22 18:25:36 CDT 2005

> I've been giving some serious thought about breaking out either one of my
> Apple //'s, C-64's, or maybe even the Amiga 500, as I feel like playing
> some
> old games.
>
> These days I don't really have the space to set one (or all) up.  Then I
> had
> an idea on how to save some space.  All three of these systems were
> intended
> to plug into a monitor that was basically a TV.
>
> Has anyone tried to plug an old Home computer into an Analog to Digital TV
> converter such as the Canopus ADVC-100, and then use a mondern computer
> with a Firewire port and video capture software as a monitor?
>
> Alternatively, would an Apple // work with a Commodore 2002 monitor?
>
> Zane

Here's what happens when you have too much time on your hands to implement
the "crazy" ideas.

http://www.computer-history.org/Vintage-Gaming-System-1.0.htm

I've swapped out several of the systems and rearranged it a bit since the
photo was taken but it's still a quick way to get a vintage computing fix.

Nick