I'm going to design and build an X terminal

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 18:11:33 CDT 2005

On 4/24/05, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
> > >xodor: flowers not available.  Substituting random smell 37.
> > Umm  37 ... that's old shoe leather :)
>
> Is there an ANSI standard yet for the smell-o-vision numbering?

Or an RFC? (1-April or not)

Perhaps one needs to develop a smell-o-wheel in the same vein as a
color wheel?  Before one dismisses it out of hand as being friviolous,
think of ester combos as a set of intersection in a grid/orthogonal
packing shape (butyric/acetic/etc acid plus
methanol/ethanol/butenol/propanol/etc).  It won't cover all possible
odors, but it would at least allow one to generate a coordinate for
certain smells.

-ethan