DG Eclipse available... (Second try)

Mark Davidson medavidson at mac.com
Mon Apr 25 13:52:16 CDT 2005

On Apr 21, 2005, at 9:46 AM, jim stephens wrote:

> <snip>
>

>> Ok... I'll probably end up taking some photos so I can make sure I'm
>> doing the right thing.
>>

> I liked what you posted so far, post as many as you have time to!

Will do!  Unfortunately, this weekend was completely overtaken with
other stuff, so the Eclipse had to wait.   My girlfriend has basically
told me "Help me with these things, and you can have the whole summer
to play with your new toy".

More photos to come...

>>> At least my 6070 has a toggle switch inside, on the servo board,
>>> that disables the head servos; DISABLE, power the drive up switch
>>> to RUN and let it purge for an hour; this is recommended in the
>>> service docs. The platters will spin, brush cycle runs, air pumps,
>>> presumably flings off all the dust.
>>>

>> Appreciate the advice... I'll try to get into the drive by this
>> weekend, and run a test on it.
>
> the longer you can run this, not just an hour, the better that you can
> rely on having things die w/o the heads loaded, as tom has had happen.
>
> run it for 24 hrs.  it should be no stretch to do that.  If it is still
> spinning
> and functional at that point, then at least the main things that you
> want
> to have running will not have failed, and the heads will be safe.

That's an excellent idea.  I will do that.

Mark