Apple // Emulator Disk Images

Vintage Computer Festival vcf at siconic.com
Mon Apr 25 20:11:13 CDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 gordt at gordtulloch.com wrote:

> I would assume you need to format the floppies with the appropriate format
> (DOS or ProDOS depending on what you're writing) - I need to do so on my
> IIGS with DSK2FILE so I presume you'd need to do so on the Mac...

This is a disk image tool so it doesn't matter what OS you use to format
the disk, just as long as the disk is formatted.

If indeed DSK2FILE requires the disk to be pre-formatted as you say then
that's probably what was causing the troubles Zane was having.  Lame lame
lame.  Some people shouldn't be allowed to write software.