TRS-80 without floppy drive

Stan Barr stanb at dial.pipex.com
Wed Apr 27 12:55:22 CDT 2005

Hi,

chris <cb at mythtech.net> said:

> Regarding the TRS-80. It has no floppy drives. I haven't really looked at
> it yet, but I presume it can be connected to a standard tape recorder to
> use cassettes (it came with the case pre-markered saying "No floppy
> drives, use cassettes"... that will be a different project to scrub that
> off).
>
> What is the easiest way for me to obtain software and transfer to
> cassette? I have no other machines currently setup to read/write to
> cassette. However, I do have Windows and Mac setups that I can capture an
> audio stream to cassette if there is some repository of WAV files or
> similar archives of software.

http://www.trs-80.com/  is a good place to start.

I actually have an original Tandy tape recorder that I bought when my
TRS-80 was new...didn't use it much, I moved to an Exatron Stringy
Floppy then to real floppys pretty quick!

(I must get round to fixing my TRS-80, last time I plugged it in it
let the magic smoke out... :-( )

--
Cheers,
Stan Barr  stanb at dial.pipex.com