S100 haul

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 06:39:42 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 00:32 +0100, Tony Duell wrote:
> > Ever heard of a box called Pluto? We found one of those - it's an
>
> Yes!, bnt I know little about it.
>
> > aluminium box with a 5V PSU inside and a board containing an 8088 CPU,
> > ROM, RAM and video. Externally it has 9 pin video and a 15 pin
> > connector.
>
> It's some kind of high-res (for the time) colour video display with some
> local intellegence. I was give na Sharp MZ80B, with a Pluto graphics box
> hung off it, I think the Sharp interface card may well have been
> home-made (there were a couple of homebrew cards in the expansion cage).

Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if we've managed to come away with any
docs / software for it (hopefully, but given the circumstances of the
clearance it's quite possible that we haven't).

I believe the video chip was a 6845 - which I suppose given the
timeframe wouldn't have been in common use at that point. There looked
to be quite a bit of RAM on board, and I doubt the 8088 CPU would have
been cheap at the time either.

I'll be having a good dig through everything on Saturday, so I'll see
what I can find...

cheers!

Jules