No More HP Manuals on BAMA

Joe R. rigdonj at cfl.rr.com
Thu Apr 28 07:11:16 CDT 2005

At 08:46 PM 4/27/05 -0500, you wrote:
>It was written...
>> Agilent (HP) hasn't looked like a worthwhile company for some time!  Since
>> they changed their name at least.
>
>Last time I checked, HP didn't change their name to anything. Agilent was a
>spinoff from HP.

   The tail spun off the dog!

>HP is still alive and kicking.
>
>Agilent stuff is pretty good from what I've seen. Perhaps you're mistakenly
>referring to the cheap desktop stuff HP is making in the consumer products
>division?

   AFIK that's all that HP makes. Aglient now makes test equipment. The
consumer grade stuff made by HP is JUNK! Even the test equipment made by
Agilent isn't nearly as good as that built by HP only a few years ago.

>Regardless... I can definitely see a company protecting their copyright.

   I don't disagree. I'm just pointing that HP and Agilent, but
particularly the modern HP, aren't the company that HP used to be.

     Joe

We