Stuff I want - all I want is a "0"

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 19:01:57 CDT 2005

> ISTR that when I made my own perspex plugs, before I had real ones
> (other than a "zero"), I found there was no real difference between
> "short" and "intermediate" -- "short" doesn't move a contact, "long" or
> "intermediate" does.

I believe the 'intermediate' is the edge that operates the plug-inserted
contact. The plug is desiged so that the address bit contacts are
operated before the plug-detect contact, thus (hopefully) ensuring the
former are valvid before the latter opertates. This allows you to swap
plugs on a powered-up system without the risk of a drive momentarily
getting the wrong address.