VCF Midwest update?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 13:47:17 CDT 2005

On 7/31/05, Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:
> > Pics 4141-4149 are of Ethan's talk; "4147" has me on the left, and
> > Ethan Dicks on the right.

> URL, since I'm aparently retarded:
> http://www.sydelko.org/gallery/VCF-MW-2005?page=1

For those who couldn't make it, pics 4141 through 4146 are items that
I had with me at the South Pole last year.  From the left: An
INS8073-based "MC-1" and partially completed protoboard copy, an Elf
made in the fashion of the 1970s Popular Electronics articles (256
bytes RAM, HP displays, PIXIE graphics), a Spare Time Gizmos SBC6120,
a MicroElf (Mike Riley's design), and a fully-tricked out SBC6120
w/IOB6120 and FP6120 (brought down already built, but the frame used
to be a scrap 2"x4").

I had a great time, and was sorry to have to leave at noon.  I'll miss
next year (wintering at Pole again), but I would love to be able to
exhibit in 2007.

-ethan