ImageDisk and some 8' images posted

gordonjcp at gjcp.net gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Wed Aug 3 03:34:00 CDT 2005

> On 8/2/05, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
>> IIRC, the Ensoniq Mirage had mixed sector sizes.
>
> Hey... I have one of those - it used to belong to my mother (she was a
> professional musician).
>
> I'd love to have a way to image disks for it.  I think I remembered
> the disks were wierd, but not how they were wierd.

There are two programs called "mwrite" and "mread" that write and read
Mirage disk images.  In theory they could do SQ80 images too, if you could
modify them to read and write both sides.

The disk format is a little odd - read about it here:
http://www.youngmonkey.ca/nose/audio_tech/synth/Ensoniq-Mirage_DiskFormat.html

Basically sectors 0-4 are 1024 bytes long, and sector 5 is 512 bytes.

Gordon.