Altair serial port update

Richard A. Cini rcini at optonline.net
Sat Aug 6 21:13:53 CDT 2005

This is so true. I have one of those boxes on this particular system and
it at least tells me what's going on with the lines.

At this point I'm at a loss as to what's wrong. I believe that the card
works based on the loopback program. It's got to be a problem with the
loader and how the paper tape image is coming over the line from the
terminal (a laptop).

I really need someone with a known-working configuration that uses an
SSM card to let me know how it's configured. Otherwise, I'm going to
have to setup a trade for a real Altair SIO card.

Rich