Possible entertainment for VCF 8.0

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Fri Aug 12 10:53:01 CDT 2005

On Friday 12 August 2005 08:10, Vintage Computer Festival wrote:
> I was contacted by this guy who makes music using old synths and vintage
> 8-bitters as instruments.
>
> You can hear one of his songs here:
>
> http://www.myspace.com/quarknova
>
> Note: requires a modern browser with fancy plug-ins to play.
>
> I'm thinking of booking a band like this to play at VCF 8.0.
>
> What do you folks think?

I think a band is way secondary to broader advertising of VCF.

One of the complaints I regularly heard from both vendors and exhibitors the
last VCF was the lack of general public attendance.  I'd rather see $$ spent
go to advertising VCF in the San Jose Mercury News, Palo Alto Times, Mountain
View Voice, etc.

Cheers,
Lyle
--