Possible entertainment for VCF 8.0

Vintage Computer Festival vcf at siconic.com
Fri Aug 12 15:29:27 CDT 2005

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, John Foust wrote:

> P.S. How about a Vintage Arcade game section - or at least a Vintage
> Computer Game section? Any VCF that I'd be able to attend I would be
> glad to donate a computer or two with classic games for folks to play...
> Just a [prolly bad] thought...

I've been trying to find an angle to incorporate more video games into the
mix because that's what draws crowds.  I don't want the VCF to become yet
another clasic video game event, but it will at least cater to a slightly
broader interest group.

> VCF did team up with the California Extreme show in 2000, no?

Yes, it didn't work out that well.  With the proper planning and execution
it could do very well, but we're both big events (CAEX is far bigger of
course in terms of attendanec) and trying to meld the two together is
challenging, so in the end we concluded that it's better to just have
separate events and do cross advertising.