Bliss was Re: DEC program listing

Huw Davies huw.davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Sun Aug 14 19:43:14 CDT 2005

On 15/08/2005, at 5:40 AM, Paul Koning wrote:

> That sounds familiar, there's Bliss-16 and Bliss-11; one is from
> Carnegie-Mellon and compiles on a 10, the other from DEC and compiles
> on a VAX.  But they all are Bliss, which is a truly atrocious
> language.

I always wonder why people think BLISS is such a bad language. I know
that many people inside DEC don't like it as they were forced to use
it as the new "standard" language but personally BLISS is one of my
favorites.

I'm more than happy to hear why others think BLISS is so bad.

Huw Davies           | e-mail: Huw.Davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Melbourne            | "If soccer was meant to be played in the
Australia            | air, the sky would be painted green"