Rescue of DEC Gear in Nashville, TN

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Wed Aug 17 12:53:21 CDT 2005

The following gear is available for local pickup or pickup by shipper from
Nashville, TN.  The cost: FREE

This is a true rescue - the space where the gear is located is to be rented
and will be given to scrappers if not picked up within a week or two.

Here's an approximate inventory:

 1 PDP11/73 processor - 1 Mb memory (maybe more)
  2 RL01 drives (one may not be functional)
  1 RL02 drive
   Fujitsu Winchester drive (probably around 75 MB)
   2 RX02 drives
   1 dual RX50 drive
   1 TK50 tape unit

    + miscellaneous disk packs, many floppies, cabinets, etc.

BTW: After discussing the "cabinets" (racks) with the owner, their description
sounded to me like standard DEC Corporate cabinets - except that one has a
built in console "table".

Please respond directly to me ( lbickley at bickleywest.com ) as the owner has
asked me to handle the "logistics" of the rescue.  First come first serve -
exception - anyone taking "all" of the above has priority over partial
takers.

Note that there are RL02 packs in the mix - and I already have agreed to pay
for their shipping - as they may contain historically important sources.  If
so, I will make sure Al Kossow (bitsavers.org) gets images of the sources.

Cheers,
Lyle
--
Lyle Bickley