Bit of CP/M trivia needed

Steve Thatcher melamy at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 27 17:13:27 CDT 2005

what machine and/or controller was this that had no ROM at all? I
never have dealt with any system that at least didn't have some type
of startup code somewhere other than a disk drive. DMA would need to
be setup unless it was hardwired. The original Intel Intellec-8
required that you enter a program jump into memory that pointed to
the program monitor. Intel didn't call it a BIOS though.