CP/M 1.0? (was Re: Bit of CP/M trivia needed)

Tim Shoppa shoppa_classiccmp at trailing-edge.com
Sun Aug 28 18:57:16 CDT 2005

> Does anyone have a copy of CP/M 1.0 or know if such a version was ever
> released?  What about 1.1, 1.2, ... ?

1.3 is the earliest I had.  (And the original floppy is in Don Maslin's
archives should they ever be recovered.)  I think I remember Don saying
it was the earliest he'd seen.  He had lots of 2.2 of course for countless
machines but only a handful of 1.4, 2.0, etc, (and most of those came from
me too!)

The ones I gave Don were official Digital Research distribution floppies,
the oldest hand-labeled with a serial number.

I am under the impression that earlier versions were not nearly so
flexible as regards to customization to a wide variety of machines.

Tim.