Wnated : Pinout for MC6881 or MC3449

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 29 17:00:30 CDT 2005

> On 8/29/05, Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > Does anyone have the pinout for the Motorola MC6881 or MC3449 chip?
>
> IIRC, Commodore used MC3449s in their IEEE-488 equipped CPUs and disks
> (PETs, 2040s, 3040s, 4040s, etc.)

Are you sure you're not thinking of the MC3446 or something like that?
Motorola made a number of GPIB buffers with numbers in that range (I've
come across serveral of them, I have data sheets on them).

The MC3449, as I now know, is basically a bidirectional multiplexer. I
The I/O levels are TTL, not strictly GPIB levels.