OT: "Best" Linux Distro?

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Thu Dec 1 20:18:36 CST 2005

Roger Merchberger wrote:
> Insert CD in machine with 'Net connectivity, hit "go", wait a bunch
> whilst it downloads lots of stuff & patches it with insecure shiznit,

Be fair now -- what makes it insecure and your stuff secure?

> Yea, I'm kinda cynical about the whole emerge thingy, but seeing how

Hopefully that doesn't extend to FreeBSD's /ports system.  I loved that a
decade ago and I still do.

> Gentoo bastardizes qmail and then the poor buggers ask why they're
> having problems because they know nothing about the whole deal...

Well, who in their right mind would run qmail???  Last I checked, messages in
the queue must have filenames that match their inode numbers -- excuse me?  How
am I supposed to backup/restore the queue?
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org)                    http://www.oldskool.org/
Want to help an ambitious games project?             http://www.mobygames.com/