Hrm... Weird Amiga Idea...

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Mon Dec 5 15:14:39 CST 2005

Rumor has it that Adrian Graham may have mentioned these words:

>.....I've never seen an ISA bridgeboard :)

Would one of the '286 or '386 emulator cards also include said bridgeboard?
It seems those are more readily available -- it kinda sucks to power a
whole 2nd computer (that I'd not plan on using) just to get ISA
compatibility, but like I always say: If it's stupid but works, it ain't
stupid. ;-)

> > (I'm also thinking of using it to access Compact Flash drives... ;-)
>
>  Don't the later amiga clones use compact flash etc as storage?

Although they *can* because CF can emulate IDE and (at least) the 4000T has
IDE on board, it's not hot-swappable, and you'd have to tear into the case
to [un]hook the adapter to the IDE bus. I was rather hoping for something a
little easier... ;-)

Unless you're talking something later than the 4KT -- that I wouldn't know
about.

>  Also, the
>A1200 has a PCMCIA slot that likes 16 bit cards....I was told here last week
>that certain PCMCIA network cards will work so at least there's some hope.

And that was my hope as well... if I could get PCMCIA working on a 4KT,
then *maybe* that would open the door to expansion without trying to find
Zorro-based schtuff.

>Get yourself a copy of Cloanto's Amiga Explorer. It's about $20, runs over a
>standard serial cable and puts your Amiga into the winduhs Explorer window
>so you can have instant access to drives and folders etc. I use it to
>transfer stuff all the time.
>
>Www.cloanto.com

Hrm... Interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind...

Thanks!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????