A Hobbyist DECnet Network

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Sun Dec 11 22:38:29 CST 2005

Madcrow Maxwell wrote:

>Frankly, I'm not sure how well this would end up working... Maybe I'm
>just bitter because the last "alter-net" I participated in (the C-64
>Q-Link and BBS revival) never really got very strong. Still, the DEC
>community might be able to support a small network. You never know.

I would not be bitter.  Q-Link is still going, though it has slumped
post Nov 5th.  This is understandable, as I have not had much time to
devote to it, and the main goal was to be up and operational for the
20th Anniversary.  Truly, it needs more work to be a self supporting
community.

Still, people who are early adopters of stuff like Q-Link need to take a
long view of participation.  I suspect it will be 6 months before Q-Link
starts to support itself with a steady stream of people.

jim

--
Jim Brain, Brain Innovations
brain at jbrain.com                                http://www.jbrain.com