Need BIOS setup utility

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Sun Dec 18 12:22:44 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-18 12:05:28 -0600, Doc Shipley <doc at mdrconsult.com> wrote:
>   I've also never seen a system come up with BIOS messages from two
> companies:
>

>  Phoenix 80386 ROM BIOS Version 3.06
> Copyright (c) 1985,86 Phoenix Technologies Ltd
> All Rights Reserved
>
> CHIPS AND TECHNOLOGIES
>    AT/386 SYSTEM
> SOFT SETUP VERSION 1.12

Well, *most* PC systems come up with BIOS messages from two companies,
but you recognize them these days for working on different parts of
the machine :-)

The "Phoenix" BIOS is the code that is responsible for configuring the
chipset to use proper DRAM timings for DRAM refresh etc.

The "CHIPS AND TECHNOLOGIES" part belongs for sure only to the
graphics adapter. So it's responsible for setting up the graphics
controller.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O