Oldest machine (was: Re: Good haul of old pc stuph)

Scott Stevens chenmel at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 19 19:29:35 CST 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:52:09 -0500
"'Computer Collector Newsletter'" <news at computercollector.com>
wrote:

> I have a slide rule from the 1930s.  :)
>
> Our local club, MARCH, has an HP 300A Harmonic Wave Analyzer.
> It's a got a four-digit serial number which begins with a "1".
>  :)

I used to have an HP Model 100 Oscillator.  That was HP's first
commercial product.  The later generation tube-type HP oscillators
have much the same design, and thus similar historical/technical
interest.  I brought home a Model 200 from work a few months ago
(retired from the R&D lab of a company, with asset markings, that
has nearly as rich a history as H-P).

Does others here also value some of their equipment for the asset
tags on it?  I have gear from places like the Jet Propulsion
Laboratory for instance.