ImageDisk project is canceled

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 05:42:13 CST 2005

der Mouse wrote:
> Not all criticism is pointless mudsliging.  There *are* reactions other
> than "well then I'm going to take my marbles and go home, so there!"
> and just sitting there and "taking" (more accurately, "ignoring") it.
>
> For example, he could have said "thanks for pointing that out; I still
> come down on the side of not releasing source".

Which he did do early on IIRC, by saying that he'd release source under some
kind of "no support / don't publish elsewhere" agreement, because he didn't
see it fit for public release yet.

I really don't see why anyone would have a problem with that. Surely it suits
those who worry about having source in order to maintain their tools or
enhance for their own use. It makes no difference to those who don't care
about having source. The only people it would seem to affect are those who
wanted to take Dave's code, modify it, and release it as though it were all
their own work - and I doubt anyone on this list would be happy with someone
who did that.

I can't see what possible good could come of then continuing to talk about it
not being good enough etc. - as seems to have been shown in this case :-(