Interference (was: Apple II Serial Number 2)

Tom Hudson tomhudson at execpc.com
Wed Dec 21 13:44:14 CST 2005

Michael Holley wrote:

> The early Apple II power supplies had RFI problems. They were a radio
> transmitter that also put out 5 volts.

Ha ha!  Those power supplies were nothing -- Everybody in my
neighborhood could tell when I had my Compucolor II on -- TVs went
completely herringbone because there was no shielding whatsoever on any
part of them!  My parents were absolute saints for putting up with it,
and I used it a LOT (when it wasn't shooting out smoke from the
badly-designed video display section...)

-Tom

--
Thomas Hudson
http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects